Friday 10 October 2008

Zipping....?!?!?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Can't believe we finally experienced the zip lines of Costa Rican Rainforests.

I'm sure many of you are wondering what on earth they are. So let me explain. You are basically about 100 metres above the rainforest, perched on a tree, attached to metal rod by various ropes and suddenly you see yourself flying down this rod to the next tree!!!!

So I psyche myself up while I climb to the top of each tree. I hear people whisper into my ear,
" You can do this, just look at that 60 year old guy " ..or " the stats are worse if you drive a car" ...hehehe...

Little do I realise how high you are and how far away (approx 600 metres) the landing site is. So you will be pleased to know, I call for a "taxi", yup a guide, to take you across, so you actually enjoy the spectacular rainforest, do a few spins and land in one piece...hehehe....

the photos are on the way....

or check out... www.selvatura.com

1 comment:

heshan said...

HOW ON EARTH DID YOU MANAGE TO DO THE SNAKES AND BUGS THING???