Saturday 22 November 2008

Gamboa Rainforest Resort, Panama

Hola chicas...

and I have to add....before I give my update on my 36 hour stopover in Panama city..
I am in Peru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I can't quite believe it...

I've just arrived at the impressive airport...and chicos/chicas....there's even a Starbucks here....what..????? I could be in England...apart from everyone speaking Spanish!!!

Yes, just waiting for Shuba to arrive in 2 hours time.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can't stop screaming!!!!!! Dont worry...not creating a scene...not quite yet..heheheh..

Ok...calm right down...

Panama. Definitely needed more time to discover the sights and sounds of Panama city, but decided to hibernate at the Gamboa Rainforest Resort, along the banks of the River Chagres, stone's throw away from the infamous Panama Canal.

It was definitely SOS time for some serious pampering and recuperation following my 10 days of country hopping around Central America. The many hours in airports, taxis, buses and early morning starts took its toll and so I decided to indulge myself in some 5 star delights of pedicures, hot clean showers, oh so soft bedding and fabulous balcony views...as I prepared for my 3 week hectic schedule in amazing Peru.

I did however, leave with what I intended to see, the Panama Canal. Unimpressive at first glance, but magnificient once a cargo ship passes you by and as you stock up on the impressive history it has to offer. The narrowest crossing from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean. Incredible engineering.

Panama city takes a skyline of New York with its many skyscrapers. A mere glance as I detour to the depths of the rainforest,40 minutes away.

I managed to squeeze in one tour ( yes girls, in between the pedicure and lazing on the porch..hehehe). And oh what a disappointment. I guess once you've seen the rainforests of Costa Rica and Guatemala, this 1 hour tour in a skytrain, is a mere introduction to Central America.

With tears in my eyes, I bid farewell to unbelieveable Central America and welcome my experiences in Amazing Peru.

Hasta Luego....

No comments: