Saturday 8 November 2008

Hola from Antigua , Guatemala

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... Yes another official scream ... Be it silent ... As I land in Guatemala....

Just a note , I am entering these notes in the comfort of my hotel room ( Casa Ovalle) ...
On my itouch !!!!!!!!

Ah! The joys of modern technology !!!

I have just fallen in love with Antigua . The old capital of Guatemala prior to the earthquake ....
And I know it's just been 4 hours ...
But I realise why travellers
never leave......
Thank you Nadia And Sam for persuading me ! I owe you both !

It is a travellers paradise with it's huge Spanish colonial influence with the many
squares and cathedrals . However , you are quickly reminded you are in central America as a child runs across the road in their traditional clothing.

What a relief and joy to be able to walk freely without the fear of being pick pocketed , dodging stray dogs and avoiding pot holes !

What was I doing in San Jose for 2 months!!!!

Off to Lake Atitlan tomorrow...

P.S Thank God for Spanish lessons... ..

1 comment:

En Min said...

itouch?..what's an itouch? sounds like it is serving you well!!